Major League Baseball’s new collective bargaining agreement is bringing about some big changes to the game. The sport is now assured 21 straight years of peace. That means no lockout or strike. To help get a grasp of all the changes and the effects, here are some links from around the web.
- MLB Trade Rumors takes a quick look at some of the highlights of the CBA and then goes into greater detail on the CBA here
- Baseball America does a great job discussing the changes to the MLB Draft
- Jim Callis talks about how the “Draft Cap May Not Be So Harsh” at the Baseball America Draft blog
- Dave Cameron analyzes how the new CBA hurts the small market teams at Fangraphs
- Jim Duquette talks about the HGH testing at MLB.com
- At Sports Illustrated, the limit on the use of tobacco is discussed.
- Ken Rosenthal discusses the effect of the deal on Free Agents